Sept. 14, 2019
7th District Fall Conference, Atlantic, Iowa Finance Committee
Meeting started at 0700/in attendance:
- Joe Jardin, Post 88
- John Jensen, Finance Officer, Post 322
- Dean Olson, Post 437
- Jim Schoening, Post 439
- Scott Robinson, Post 43
- Brett Larson, Adjutant, Post 725
- Brett Martin, Commander, Post 725
- John Jensen-Finance update.
- Checking Account=$19,634
- 2, CDs Accounts=$12,483.79
- Looking at banks, credit unions for a higher rate of return on CD’s.
- Checks need to be made out to 7th District American Legion based on the IRS EIN# and name.
- Need a standardize Finance Form for each Post.
- Dean Olson said, checks need to have two signatures.
- Suggested a resolution to By-Law to Article 3, Section 4.
- Discussed Hospitality cost and revitalization.
- Discussed how Marketing Campaigns are doing and what works.
- Joe Jardin made a Motion to approve the report, stamps for $3.00.
- All Approved.
Brett Martin reviewed 2019-2020 Budget of $12,000
- Added line item for Marketing to budget
- Marketing discussion to advertise in the Penny Savor to recruit
- Raffle of Centennial Coins
- District Fund Raiser signed off by the 7th District CommanderMeeting adjourned at 0730.